Fancying something sweet but don’t want all the sugar that comes with it? These are spot on and they are packed full of goodness with the nuts, seeds and a little dried fruit. You can substitute the dried fruit for some sweetener if you would prefer it to be totally fruit sugar free.
The best thing is they only take 10 minutes to make and then 20 minutes to bake!
All you need:
230g porridge oats – like to use large jumbo oats
40g chopped walnuts
60g sliced almonds
80g dried apricots, finely chopped
30g dates chopped
Orange zest – this makes such a difference
Pinch of sea salt flakes
1tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
50g sesame seeds
50g sunflower seeds
50g toasted pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Spread the almonds and wall nuts out in a small baking tray and cook in the oven for 3 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
3. Put the dates in a blender, add the water and blitz to a paste.
4. Melt the coconut oil.
5. Add dates to a bowl with the nuts, oats, apricots, orange, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Mix to combine and then mix in the melted coconut oil.
6. Press mixture into a baking tray - cook for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
These are great to keep in a tin for a few days to snack on!